Sunday, January 3, 2010

I tried eCards for Christmas this year and am pretty pleased. I think it gave everyone something fun to view, was "green", and very economical. My kids were disappointed with me changing our tradition, but I think our eCards will only improve year after year.

Abby's home from college til Jan 24th. Already she's been to Minneapolis and back to a CRU conference. Now Abby will fill her time with a lot of work hours from Hallmark.

Bryn had her bunion surgery on her right foot on Dec 18th. She was in a lot of pain for about 4 days. I'm really glad we timed it like we did: she only missed 4 days of school and I feel she's really ready and capable to go back tomorrow. She has a ride to school and helpers set up to carry her books as she's on crutches for at least another 2 weeks.

Paige hosted a New Years Eve party here and had a ball. All the guests brought a treat to share and they had fun watching the ball drop, DDR-ing, Wii-ing and playing air hockey.

I was so excited for this weekend: my first 4-day no-work weekend in a LONG time! Then I catch a whopper cold that spoiled it all. Needless to say, I did not make it to midnight New Years Eve. I did go in to Kohls for 4 hours on Friday, but had to blow my nose every other customer. Kohls did ask me to stay on after the holidays and I agreed.

Jeff has been stepping in doing a lot of the grocery shopping and running the kids places with my extra work. The super-cold day yesterday reminded us to purchase a new battery for the van. And another riddle for all us parents "What's with teenagers not wearing winter coats anymore?"


Last night, Jeff set up my new Wii-Fit and Jeff, Paige and I had fun seeing what the Wii thought of our weight and fitness status (did not match what we thought!) Hope I can stay disciplined and use it daily! All of us attended our family program at church this morning where Paige participated in Let's Make a Deal! and won the top prize of all 7 Fruits of the Holy Spirit. Everyone got a chuckle out of her as all the other contestants blandly listed the actual city they were from when they were asked, but Paige had to be different and was from "Switzerland." We de-Christmas-ed the house this afternoon. Couldn't stand the needles anymore.

No comments: