Sunday, March 22, 2009

Well here I am in the UWL Library typing this week's blog entry. That's right. I'm staying overnight tonight in Abby's dorm room tonight. She's off with a girlfriend to make an appearance at a back-from-spring-break party. I actually thought ahead to have her drop me off here so I could blog and maybe do a little reading.

So this past week we've had Abby home all week. Not quite as crazy as when she was home over Christmas, but still very hard to adapt to having an additional schedule to incorporate into our lives. Abby was very fortunate to get scheduled to work over 20 hours at Hallmark this week. We all know college students need money! But of course working requires a vehicle to get there and back so we had to do a little rearranging with Bryn's car.

Tuesday I went in and got my passport picture taken. It only took 6 pictures to get it right. I'm sure it had nothing to do with me or my eyes. Abby got hers taken on Thursday - in 1 try. Then we went together to the post office on Friday to officially apply for our passports that we'll need for our trip to Canada this summer—and Abby will use again when she goes abroad one semester for school.


Bryn had her first indoor exhibition track meet on Thursday at Mequon. She looked excellent coming in 2nd in the hurdles (which I didn't get to see), 1st in the 400 and then ran in a 4x400 relay.

Paige stayed home from school Friday just to be safe. She went to bed at 6:30 Thursday night, wasn't hungry, complained that her tummy hurt. When I woke her Friday morning, she said she felt "like a noodle" and had a headache. Better safe than sorry with such a big day Saturday. Kristin brought Bella and Lucy over to see their cousin Abby. Bella let us know she was shy and asked not to be tickled. Bryn had a pasta dinner with her track team at the high school so I invited Abby's friends who were also home on break over for homemade mac n cheese dinner. The week went so fast that they really didn't get to spend great lengths of time together. They made up for it today. After dinner, they were off to their old grade school to see the annual Hoops Night, then topped the night off by having a big pajama party.


Saturday was a big day all around. Bryn and Paige started it off with performances at the school district's Solo & Ensemble. Both played beautiful solos. They rehearsed so hard and their accompanist did a great job. The only disappointment was that Paige's solo was cut short (actually in half!) by the judge due to time restrictions, which we had never heard of before. We commented to the parent helper and word found its way back to the band directors who got Paige in to perform and finish her piece. The disappointment was in the fact that Paige did not get to perform that 2nd time with her accompanist that she had practiced with so hard and so beautifully! :( Bryn got a 1* (highest you can get) on both her solo and her quartet which means she'll be playing it competitively again. While I stayed with Bryn for her later performances, Jeff took Abby and Paige up to Appleton for Chad and Robbyn's wedding in Appleton for the ceremony. And that's where I have to leave off because I haven't gone through the pictures yet!

Wish me sweet dreams as I lay on my futon tonight amidst piles of Abby's clean and dirty clothes! I speak to UWL tomorrow!

No comments: