Sunday, March 8, 2009


This is a pic of a recent job I've done at work and I was excited to see it in real life! It's a bus board for MillerCoors advertising their Free Rides program on St. Patrick's Day.

So I am supposed to be paying bills online right now, but I'm not quite ready for all that fun stuff yet. Maybe after I'm done blogging.

Bryn is in the middle of taking the ACT Prep class to prepare her for the ACT test on April 4th. The class is weekly and goes through each subject covered on the test.

Got a call at work from Abby's art teacher asking me to speak to her graphic design students at UW-L! So I'm signed up to talk the Monday after spring break which will be convenient with bringing Abby back to school. All I have to share is what it's like in the real job world for a graphic designer. I'm trying to put together a really cool presentation - hope I make the time to do it right! Cuz I'm certainly not going to just stand there and talk!

Friday we met Bryn and Paige's accompanist, Ms. Heins, for Solo & Ensemble. Ms. Heins teaches at their old elementary school, Ben Franklin. So Bryn and Paige each spent a half hour with Ms. Heins going over their solo pieces at Ms. Heins' home. Apparently, Paige's piece is quite difficult, so she needs more practice sessions than Bryn. From there, we drove to the Legion to meet Kristin, Carlo, Bella and Lucy for a fish fry. I put our name in right away as the place was jam packed. Unfortunately the hostess wasn't all that organized and nobody's name on the list ever got called. So Kristin just stood right in front of the hostess stand til we were assigned a table! We finally got to eat an hour and a half later! Luckily Paige entertained Lucy and Bella by taking them to the dance floor while we were waiting for our food to come. Then Bryn was off to a surprise birthday party for a friend and Jeff, Paige and I watched American Idol.


Saturday Bryn, Paige and I drove up to Appleton for Chad's fiancee's, Robbyn, shower. Great food and really liked the bingo game where you filled in the empty gameboard with guesses of what gifts Robbyn would open today, then of course as she opened them you marked them off. Paige won at our table. We were able to hold Chayse for quite a while. Then we played another game as a story was read and Paige won again! The shower ended earlier than scheduled, so I stopped at Shaffers who live just a block away. Only Tim was home, and since I came unannounced, I just chatted for about 10 minutes. Then me and the girls were off to the mall to get Bryn some running shoes for track. Kayla had recommended a great store! They analyze your foot as you run and they choose the shoes to fit you! Finished off shopping by buying fleeces, which is part of all their birthday presents this year for our trip to Canada this summer.

Jeff worked on the CRV again while we were gone and made us pizza when we got home. Then took Paige out to Hartland Ice Center because Jeff's friend Dave's son was playing in a hockey tournament out there. Paige really enjoyed the game and Jeff had fun with his buds and their kids.

No comments: