Sunday, March 29, 2009

Back to the wedding last Saturday (21st). Jeff drove with Abby and Paige up to Appleton and was able to be at Chad & Robbyn's wedding ceremony. There were lots of pictures afterward. Jeff was invited for a drink at Cleo's downtown with his family, but didn't quite know what to do the girls so declined. Bryn drove me up after her two band ensembles, we arrived about 3:30pm and met Jeff, Abby and Paige at the hotel where we got ready. From there it was on to the reception out in Freedom. I was not disappointed with dinner, as they had yummy broasted chicken! and a lot of it! Chad & Robbyn's wedding cake was actually cupcakes! They were color-coded by the flower on top: red for carrot cake, blue for chocolate, etc. So good! The girls danced up a storm with cousin Kayla and Mitchell's girlfriend, Sam. The pic is of the father-daughter dance – Jeff had his arms full!

Abby's spring break ended as I drove with her back to La Crosse Sunday and Jeff went back to Milwaukee with Bryn and Paige. I took Abby and 2 of her good friends out for Chinese because they've never been able do Chinese yet. It was fun just soaking in their conversation. Monday I spoke at UW-La Crosse to a senior graphic design class about a typical day on the job. I have to admit my presentation was a little dry. But it's hard knowing what to share and what to edit out! Needed more interaction with the students. Obviously my job is not a professional speaker! I returned home to happily attend my BodyFlo class. My body needed stretching after all that weekend driving.

Jeff's little CRV is still on the mend. Jeff still want to try (God bless him!) one more thing! Some gasket that's on order. The car is certainly drivable, it's just a bit noisy.

I got to see Bryn win the hurdles and her 4x800 relay at her track meet in Cudahy this Thursday. Go Bryn! Forgot the camera though - I know Bryn was disappointed. She also ran the 4x400, but I didn't stay to watch. They placed 2nd. In the meantime, Paige and a few other students went with her Science teacher to help at an elementary school Science Fair. They held animals for the kids to pet.

Paige got her Little League draft call and will be playing on the Cardinals again this year. Her best friend, Miranda, got on the same team for the first time in their softball careers! Miranda was over all day yesterday making an extra-credit movie to accompany their Oregon Trail journal for social studies. They used puppetry and it's pretty cool. If Paige doesn't go into some sort of video arts for a career, I'll be surprised.

Bryn has been selected to Badger Girls State! What an honor! It just happens to take place the same week as our trip to Banff (June 21 - 16). Poop. I'll be on the phone with our timeshare company working that out this week. I really hope we can move our vacation. Bryn played with the high school Wind Symphony at Menomonee Falls Junior Miss Pageant last night. I asked if she got a lot of flak for not being a contestant. She said she'd never do that physical fitness routine the contestants did.


What a difference a day makes! Yesterday I see the promise of spring as I see my crocuses popping up and today it's back to the winter doldrums with 4 new inches of snow! Subsequently, I'm making homemade chicken and dumplings.

No comments: