Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pictures of events get fewer and fewer as the number of my children at home decreases. And now I have such competition! So many people have commented on how much they enjoy Bryn's blog and what a good writer she is. Sorry people, but mine's just a narrative of my life.

Tuesday Paige stayed home from school as she got sick early that morning. She never got sick again, but she did sleep til 12:30pm that day. Jeff ended up staying home with her which enabled him to paint her bedroom ceiling. Tuesday evening I got to Zumba again and kept glancing at a woman I recognized. It took me a while to figure out she was from the hair salon I frequent. I didn't notice til on my way out that my stylist was actually there too! I totally didn't recognize her!

Jeff and I walked Paige's class schedule Wednesday evening during the high school Open House. We saw parts of the school we'd never seen before with Paige's courseload. She's taking 2 business classes that are held in the same room, but different hours. What a cool setup! They each have their own computer desk and very comfy office chair. And the teacher is uber enthusiastic! No wonder FBLA is such a popular club. Paige is also enrolled in a video/film production class that Abby and Bryn never took. The class is held in an actual studio. Paige mentioned last week the class rotated production roles while taping a "talk show." Later that evening, Paige got a call inviting her to participate in a local Fall Ball softball league with many of the JV and varsity girls. She's excited to be asked. Of course, the game was today at the exact same time as her first Confirmation class. She'll be there the following Sunday.

I finally got around to making myself presentable again by getting in to the salon to get my hair cut and highlighted. Love it. Just trying to blend in that new color (grey) coming in. From there I was off to the high school to help out with the Band Bunch serving a hot dog dinner before the football game. I know, I know, I don't even have a kid in Band anymore. But Band's been good to my girls and I had the time. Had a lot of fun and even made it on Fox6 News at 9 that evening with Tom Pipines! (I didn't get to see it.) Jeff and I along with the Seeds witnessed the first win of the season for our football team. Seeds invited us over for a nightcap after the chilly game. Dave opened his fancy Scotch for us to try. I settled for just a sniff. Definitely a warmer-upper!

Saturday I cleaned the office then ran errands: grocery store, WalMart, and Hallmark (October is coming you know!). Paige was supposed to have an all-day Confirmation retreat that was rescheduled. Somehow we didn't make the email list and didn't find out til that morning! Jeff and I stayed home and watched a movie and stayed up for Paige to come home. Paige spends a lot of time with her "big sister" from high school softball, Jamie. Paige went with Jamie's family out to a Japanese steak house! They said it was her birthday! And Paige caught a shrimp in her mouth from the chef! They have a lot of fun together.


Kristin, Evie and I followed our annual tradition and met at my house at 9am for the Cheery Cherry art fair. Again, a bit chilly. But I've found a heavy sweatshirt-like jersey of Paige's for softball that I purchased for her (and she's never worn) that's quite warm. We always seem to find something to buy. I convinced Kristin to add a scarf to her wardrobe. Isn't it cute? And she found the most adorable knit hat for Lucy. And we never leave without a giant bag of kettle corn from the yodeling kettle corn cowboy. Afterwards, we all drove over to Kristin's for lunch and to see their newly poured concrete patio and driveway. Bella was kind enough to model Lucy's new hat. I love it!

1 comment:

Bryn said...

you mean that maroon long-sleeved shirt that has saunders and her number on the back? Ill have it i really wanted one of those!

-bryn