Sunday, September 19, 2010

Paige earned herself another pitching lesson by completing the routine outlined for her, so Jeff drove her up to Horicon again Tuesday evening. Paige asked her friend Miranda to come along and be her catcher for the night. Jeff really likes the coach and Paige seems to be picking up on all his advice. Now she's got another 3 routines to complete before he'll see her again.

I finally went back to my favorite Zumba class. Since the Y flooded at the end of July, Zumba class has been moved to an alternate location which does not have air conditioning. The one time I went during the summer, I was so sweaty and hot and nasty I decided to wait til the weather got cooler. I was glad to be back, the class is so fun! And much more comfortable.

Friday afternoon I drove out to Carroll again to get a copy of Bryn's driver's license and her signature on a student loan form. We have to do the same thing with Abby, but will do it via faxing and emailing. I also delivered art supplies to Bryn freshly purchased from Artist & Display. (I never mind shopping there!) Only stayed a half hour as I had to pick up Paige from school so we could make our brow wax appointments.

And Abby was hired by Tree House Gifts in La Crosse where her first day was Friday. She'll work one weeknight and every other weekend. We got to Skype her today and see that she's doing well in the new house and cooking for herself. If Bryn keeps up her new blog, I won't have to write about her anymore! Go Bryn!

That night, we took Paige out to Home Depot to pick out her bedroom paint colors. She started with purple, but it changed to 2 shades of blue that will match NONE of her existing bedding or curtains. One step at a time. She and Jeff worked on prepping her room Saturday: Jeff taping the woodwork and filling holes while Paige did a good overall clean up. Then after church Sunday, Miranda came over to help Paige paint. Again, Jeff supervised the project and it looks nice! Projects with the kids go so much more smoothly when I'm not involved.

Saturday night Paige was invited to a friend's house for a Hawaiian cookout and Jeff and I were invited to Seeds for a delicious lasagna dinner. We came home at 10 because that's when we expected Paige back. After 2 hours of unanswered texts and calls from us, I pulled my fleece over my pajamas and headed for the friend's house. Luckily the brother was awake at the computer and went to get Paige. It was obvious Paige and her friend had fallen asleep, but Paige still received a little lecture on the ride home about on how not to worry your parents.

No comments: