Sunday, September 12, 2010

Finally Abby started her classes at UWL this past Tuesday. She's been working hard with her advisor coming up with different scenarios to see if she can graduate in 4 years. It will require her to take classes during summer and January terms, but nothing's for certain yet. Abby met with a family that she will be babysitting for every Thursday morning. And she interviewed for a shop at a local gift shop on Friday. I love the initiative, but cautioned Abby not to overload herself.

Paige shocked us this week by asking to drop Band class. It's just not a Saunders girl thing to do! We of course had a long discussion with Paige so she realized all the advantages and disadvantages, but she's determined that it's not for her. We signed the paper and she is now in InfoTech instead. With this new business direction in her courseload, Paige joined FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), a very active and competitive club at school. Jeff cleared out the other side of the basement for Paige to practice pitching at home. When she practices at home, she earns another pitching lesson from the coach in Horicon. We found out she has to recruit a catcher to come with her for her lessons. Lucky she has 3 friends who are all catchers!

I donated blood Thursday evening at a local drive held at the library. Jeff and I went for a walk afterwards since Paige was over at a friend's. Friday morning Jeff golfed in an outing through work and I followed my Friday routine going to step class in the morning. About 40 minutes into class (good heart rate going by then), I suddenly felt like I was going to pass out! I prayed I would make it out to a lobby chair before that happened. Luckily I did and sat there until my hands stopped tingling and I caught my breath. Guess not having a full meal after giving blood affected me more than I anticipated.

Terry organized a Brewers outing that night. Kayla and Nate came in from Whitewater, Terry from Appleton and Bryn from Waukesha. We tailgated at our house before heading down to Miller Park. Couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. Terry was smart and purchased the parking pass online with the tickets. I never realized that when you did that, you saved half the price! Terry also treated us to Club level seating so we never had to get up from our seats if we didn't want to. But of course we did. Paige got a warm cookie the size of her head! Kayla and Nate got passes to check out the swanky 300 Club. The game itself wasn't a good one, but the time we had was the best.


Bryn stayed overnight at home and Saturday morning she, Paige and I cheered on the Cross Country team at their home meet. It was sloppy, but this meet usually is. I went to encourage parents of the girls team to take pictures and email them to me for the team's site I maintain. Bryn went to see old teammates and Paige went to record the event for a Media Studies assignment. Paige will then edit her clips at school for the final project.

And today I navigated my way through our new Pick n Save a little faster after getting my car washed by Paige and her fellow Student Council members. I'm hoping to get a long walk in later today and Jeff is out doing yardwork.

I'm completely amazed at how my laundry has diminished since the departure of my two eldest, but then again, not. The evenings are much calmer, but that's part of having a routine again. It's quite lovely to come home where it looks just as I left it. I'm slowly cleaning up Abby's and Bryn's rooms and Paige is anxious to re-do hers. I think we're painting next weekend.

No comments: