Sunday, November 18, 2007


Last Wednesday Bryn finally had her Cross Country Banquet. Her coach went on a trip immediately after the season ended so that was the reason for the delay. One of the girls parents owns a local bowling alley and let the team use one of their banquet rooms - really nice! All the girls were brought up individually and recognized for their individual good attributes - the coaches were very prepared and sincere about each runner. Bryn was thanked for not joining the golf team and was presented with a big plaque for being the best runner on the team. Way to go Bryn!

I didn't work this Friday so that I wouldn't have any time restrictions because I had a lunch date with my three good "mom" friends. We all lived in the same neighborhood when our kids went through elementary school and we all have one child that's currently a sophomore. When the kids were younger, we'd get together 4-5 times/year and now we're lucky to get together 2 times! Our job situations have changed and these high school years seem very frenzied, but I'd rearrange my schedule anyday to make these luncheons work out. We do get to see each other at band concerts, cross country meets and football games.

And, my nephew Mitchell went with his football team (Kimberly, Division 2) to State this Friday and WON! Link for story at right, as well as Mitchell Hintz's stats. Congrats Mitchell!!!!! And the best part is he's only a sophomore, so he's got a chance for a 3-peat!


I also got to pick up my new glasses Friday (they left a message they were ready on Tuesday with one of my children... need I say more?) and they're so great! My old ones were entirely rimless and, in my opinion, totally not worth how expensive they were. So I was definitely against going that way again. My new ones seem so much clearer to look through and I don't have to take them off so much like I did the old ones. (Not that I have to say this, but of course this is the only one of three pics where my eyes were kinda open.)

I picked up Abby's senior pictures on Saturday and we're very pleased. The photographer still owes me my sheet where I had written down what everybody ordered... Now I supposed I should buy 3 frames so all my kids senior pics will match when they're hanging up.

I neglected to mention that Paige has been given the go ahead to get her braces! I think if the orthodontist scolded her again about not wearing her nightbrace enough, Paige was going to let him have it! So tomorrow Paige gets to have new molds taken. Thank goodness she wants those braces so bad because those molds are icky!

We're off to Indy early Wednesday (to beat the Chicago traffic). We haven't been to Indy for a while so we're looking forward to a nice visit. We'll come back late Saturday - again to hopefully avoid a lot of the Chicago traffic.

No comments: