Monday, November 5, 2007

day late

I've been so good at updating this on Sundays...


It was Halloween this past Wednesday and it was actually kind of nice out for trick-or-treating. Paige dressed up as a vampire! Paige went out on her own with a friend (without me!) for the first time this year so I made her take my cell phone. Abby asked Jeff to build a fire in our outdoor firepit and kept warm on the driveway while handing out candy. Paige returned with a lot of candy - but no cell phone. We all tried calling it but no one answered.


Saturday Abby had another event at the nursing home for Girl Scouts, but she was unable to get out of working so Dana and I went it alone. It went well. We had the Brownies ask the residents questions and drew turkeys for door decorations. I think Abby and Dana are really feeling confident and good about what they're putting together. We have another scheduled in December, then will do another in January and February.



Sunday I organized a geocaching event for the 4-H Club that Bryn and Paige are in. I had to purchase a "hitchhiker" (I bought a 4-h beanie baby) that you place in a cache that you find on the internet. Our hitchhiker has a ID tag that you also register on the geocaching site and you can read its log as others find it and place it into new caches. We're entered in a national 4-H geocaching race hoping that our hitchhiker travels to all 50 states!

Oh! A neighbor called "home" from my cell on Saturday. He found it while picking up dog poop in his yard. Ewww...

Today, my boss surprised us all by rewarding us with an Apple gift card for the extra hours we've been putting in the past couple months. While we were all thankful for him noticing, we were really taken aback at his graciousness. Now what to buy...

1 comment:

Kristin said...

is that vampire you or Paige? She really looks like you there for some reason!