Wednesday, October 27, 2010


Paige and Miranda walked from school to Rotary Park to record portions of a Cross Country meet for her media studies class. Yes, Paige had already done this part of the "documentary" assignment, but unfortunately the teacher didn't remove Paige's recordings from the camera before lending it out to another student so all her filming from the September meet is gone. She said she captured a lot of the same elements she had before so she was happy. Now she has to edit it in the school media lab to complete the assignment.

Since Paige had yet another sleepover scheduled for Friday night, Jeff and I decided it would be "movie night" for us. Jeff came up with the idea to try out an historic theatre in Wauwatosa, the Rosebud. We settled into our comfy couch (all the seating there is couches), ordered a pint of beer and buttered popcorn and watched The Social Network in style! It really was a pleasant experience. And the movie was great! I highly recommend it.

Early Saturday morning I traveled out to Waukesha to pick up Bryn from Carroll because she asked so sweetly. A fellow Cross Country graduate asked her to go to the Sectional meet up in Saukville. I took Bryn back as soon as she returned so she get in her swim workout for the day. She's very diligent about staying on schedule with the workouts the track coach gave her. When Paige returned from her sleepover, she accompanied Jeff up to Appleton to visit his father. Richie's doing great after his 3 stent heart surgery. Rehab to follow.

We greeted parishioners at the 11 o'clock Mass Sunday. Paige sat with her fellow to-be-confirmants and had class after Mass. In the meantime, us parents had a meeting about when to schedule their 2-night Confirmation Retreat. Ugly. I say, just pick a date and deal with it. What's cool is that they try to do it in summer—"campout" style.

Jeff celebrated his 48th birthday on Monday (25th). Hard to make workdays feel special, but I cooked him a nice dinner and then Paige and I took him out to Kraverz for an ice cream sundae. But the birthday doings didn't end there! Jeff bought like 6 boxes of muffin and brownie mixes and baked them all to bring in to work for his birthday treat the next day! He said they lasted in the office kitchen less than an hour. And then we both moved furniture. I hired my cousin to clean the carpets Tuesday and it makes it so much easier if we can get as much furniture off the carpeting as possible.


So our carpets look amazing. Jeffrey does such a thorough job. Highly recommend him too: CarpetMasters. We're moving furniture back today and Jeff's excited to rearrange. Whatever. Got home from work today to find our outdoor storage chest for the kids sports stuff strewn across the backyard. Picked that up. Got back in the house. Doorbell rings. It's some guy who hands me his business card and says "I was just driving by and noticed your roof shingles flapping. I stopped because I'm a roofer..." Yay! I'm sure that won't be expensive.

Last night I had an Art Guild meeting where I showed off my latest creation: a blog. It's still in its infancy, but I received appreciation for promoting our little organization even further. You know with all this blogging and website creation I've been doing, I barely have time to work!

No comments: