Sunday, October 10, 2010

Menomonee Falls High School had its Homecoming Week this past week. Paige joined in and had a twin on Twin Day, found a Germantown T-shirt shopping at Goodwill with Jeff for Rival Day, dressed completely "sophomore blue" on Class Color Day and was able to choose from a multitude of spiritwear for Spirit Day on Friday.

Jeff and I tag teamed getting Bryn back and forth from Carroll to her orthodontist appointment on Tuesday. It was for a retainer check which Bryn didn't even have with her. Didn't even pack to take to college! Needless to say, they asked her to wear it for 24 hours for the next 2 weeks, then every night from then on. Bryn just conveniently heard the end date of "2 years" when she initially got her retainer, and took it upon herself to stop wearing it exactly when that 2 years was up. Other bad news... the orthodontist wants the dentist to check on having her upper wisdom teeth removed. The dentist had written Bryn off to this point.

The annual MSOE hunt was this past weekend and Jeff left for up north Friday before lunch with his caravan to Waubeno. Jeff was disappointed that the weather was so warm again. For the first time, a few guys brought their sons up along with them. Jeff said they were good and it ended up that the boys were the ones to shoot the one and only bird all weekend.

Bryn caught a ride home from Carroll with a friend Friday evening and got back just in time to catch another ride to the high school Homecoming game. Paige was at a sleepover so I had the evening to myself. I did a little more of my photo archiving, then watched a rental movie. Next morning, Bryn asked to take the car to check in on how Student Council was doing with Homecoming Dance decorations. That let me take a nice walk to the grocery store where Bryn picked me up when I was done. Bryn hung out with Paige Saturday night while I celebrated Dave & Carrie's 50th birthdays at a party at their house.


We all slept in this morning. Paige got a text from her freshman softball coach to call him and when she did, she found out he talked her up to a select softball team and got her a tryout. He's definitely her #1 fan. The drawback? The team is in Columbus. Like an hour away. Jeff also found a Milwaukee team that has an opening that'd like to meet her, so we'll see how this all rides out. I drove downtown to do my every-other-week office cleaning and let Bryn and Paige be lazy without me around. On my ride back, I called Kristin and invited Bella and Lucy to come over and bounce. We're certainly not going to have many more warm days to enjoy the trampoline before we take it down for the winter. Bryn and Paige chased Bella and Lucy around and around on the tramp. After that, we all put up some stretchy spider webs on the bushes outside and lots of window clings inside for Halloween. Jeff arrived back from his hunt weekend by 5:30 and I cooked chili, per Bryn's request, for dinner.

No comments: