Sunday, September 28, 2008

I got a LOT of exercise this week. Monday evening I attended my weekly BodyFlo class at the Y. Tuesday I had the time to walk to the Library for my first Art Guild meeting of the year. Every meeting there's a scheduled speaker or activity and this week it was Artist & Display with tons of samples (pastels, brushes, canvases) for us to try! Wednesday I got back to Zumba class. I really miss Abby and her friends giggling as they bumped into each other doing these crazy moves. And Thursday, I went in to work late on purpose as I was staying late so as to attend Jazz in the Park downtown afterward (vendor invite). I get in the car to leave and notice that I don't have keys for the one vehicle left for me to drive! Jeff had generously taken Bryn's car for a cash wash and fill-up the night before which required Bryn to drive a different car to Jazz Band at school. I gave her my key and obviously didn't ask for it back. Therefore, I biked to the high school Thursday morning, had Bryn called down to the office, then followed her to her locker to get the car key. It was a beautiful day so I didn't mind the ride. The guys at work applauded my effort. I was looking forward to have a business/social evening downtown that night at Jazz in the Park, but I was just about to pack it up after waiting by myself for over an hour for my boss and his girlfriend to arrive. Got back home by 9pm ready to begin my all-nighter: it was Paige's turn to bring the baby home for school's Baby Think It Over project. This real-life baby doll is programmed to cry and fuss and will only stop when you give it the right solution: burp, bottle, rocking, or changing its diaper. You are also graded on the speed of your response. The baby did allow us some uninterrupted sleep between 11:30pm and 5:00am. I slept on the living room floor while Paige and the baby were on the couch. Paige was so good and never even asked for help. I enjoyed keeping her company.

Jeff's carpool left bright and early Friday morning for their annual hunting trip to Waubeno. Jeff did not take poor Theo as 2 other dogs were already expected and Theo is not much of a hunter. Jeff was disappointed that the weather forecast was for warm weather.

I got Bryn in to the doctor Friday where he assured us that regular doses of Zantac shouldn't cause worry. He remarked on her slow heartbeat - "runner's heart." She's now officially 5 foot 6.5 inches tall.

Paige went with me out to NagaWaukee Park in Delafield to see Bryn's Cross Country race Saturday morning. Unfortunately we missed the boy's JV race, where I have 2 kids I like to cheer on. The races were divided differently this time: JV, Varsity runners #1-4 and Varsity runners #5-8. Bryn ran with 1-4. She looked much stronger and more confident as she had her best time this season by 20 seconds! My exercise continued as yelled at all the Menomonee Falls girls and ran from point to point to take tons of pictures (the girl standing next to Bryn is modeling my cross country team sweatshirt design) and even submitted one to the local paper for inclusion. Bryn's coach from last year came to watch and root everyone on. After the race and since we were out west, Paige and I drove through McDonald's then went to visit the Taorminas. Bella was her typical shy, goofy self.

This morning I got to walk through the Cheery Cherry Art Fair with Kristin and her sister-in-law, Evie. It's become an annual event for us. I found quite a few items, though I didn't buy them all! The weather held out: cloudy, but no rain and nice and cool.

No comments: