Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bryn's private lesson teacher was finally able to move some students around and fit Bryn in for trombone lessons on Mondays. It's her only free weeknight, so it was make it work or find another teacher!

Tuesday (16th), Jeff walked Paige's school schedule at North's Open House and I drove Bryn's UWAY carpool down to UWM. I put some effort in ahead of time (at work) and found a helpful website that mapped out walking routes. I wanted to take advantage of the absolutely gorgeous weather and the opportunity to enjoy new surroundings for my Tuesday walk. I had a lot of company walking down by the lake and back through Lake Park. It was very scenic. I was back to the Union by 7:40 (it was dark anyways) where I had a snack and read til UWAY was over. Bryn gathered her nerves and did approach the conductor after practice about her last chair position. He did offer to listen to her again before next rehearsal.

Wednesday (17th), I walked Bryn's school schedule at the High School Open House while Jeff chauffeured Paige back and forth to Tae Kwon Do. These Open House's allow you to meet each of your child's teachers for 10 minutes. It's not like a conference where you discuss your child. I was anxious to see the progress of the construction at the High School and it did get quite a facelift. I was able to see the new weightroom which Bryn utilizes for her Aerobic Conditioning class and the new science rooms. I commented to Bryn on how I couldn't take her Anatomy & Physiology class - her teacher described the cat they GET TO dissect and the cadavers they GET TO view at Marquette and the Medical College. Ew!

Our home was host to the girls Cross Country "Carb Cram" Thursday (18th) evening. There's a myth out there that eating tons of carbs two days before a race is good for you. It's not bad for you, but there's just no scientific proof. Anyways, this year the girls have coordinated weekly Carb Crams at rotating homes where the host home provides the main dish and others are assigned to bring fruit, plates/utensils, salad, dessert, etc. Even the coaches come! It's a great bonding tool for the team. Bryn did an excellent job cleaning the basement up the night before. I made 2 pans of mostaccioli and 3 loaves of french bread. It was fun to see them all relaxing together.

Jeff got to enjoy the afternoon golfing with a couple dads from the area. The girls had early release from school. Bryn still had XC practice right after. Paige walked to have lunch with a group of friends. Paige was hired to babysit at night. Jeff and I decided to take advantage of her being occupied and met another couple for the Big Pig Gig. Again the weather was perfect and we were home by 10pm, so Bryn could get to bed to be ready for her race the next day. I waited up for Paige and was amazed I made it til 12:15am!

Since Paige was up so late Friday night, Jeff opted to stay home and let her sleep in while I drove down to UWParkside in Kenosha to watch Bryn run at her Cross Country meet. I arrived just as the JV Girls were finishing. The course at Parkside is strictly for Cross Country so it is well groomed and very pretty. The sun was out and it was a perfect 72° for the runners. Bryn looked much more confident and strong, but did not reach her goal to run under 17 minutes so was disappointed. I love cheering her on at the meets. She has so much potential. Bryn skipped the rescheduled Student Council car wash, but made it to fulfill her volunteer commitment at the Big Pig Gig that evening.

We're anxiously anticipating Abby's first time coming home from college. Jeff and I are still getting things re-organized between bedrooms so everybody's comfy. I made a dinner reservation with Abby for that weekend so I was sure to get MY time in! She's found a carpool to/from UWL already for only $15! Deal! I'm so thankful for facebook because that's my little snapshot of what's going on without asking her 20 questions.

No comments: