Saturday, March 30, 2013


Jeff and I took Theo to the vet on Monday March 18. Of course, Theo was very excited. The vet took a couple x-rays and his lungs were clear. Theo wouldn't let the vet look down his throat, but the vet still concluded that Theo has partial paralysis of the larynx or windpipe. There's surgery that can be done, but Theo is 11 years old and the surgery can increase his chances of contracting pneumonia. So we'll just reduce his activity and keep him inside more. Jeff's looking into calming supplements that are also helpful.

Paige picked up her graduation announcements and cap and tassle! Her middle name was spelled wrong on her namecards, so we asked to have that corrected. It's coming up soon! She turned in all her completed scholarship applications Wednesday 27th after we went through and made a few edits to her essays then compiled them with her transcripts and letters of recommendation.

Bryn's been home on Spring Break since March 22nd. We took her out for a fish fry that night and when we ordered a beer at the bar, they didn't even check her now-21 ID! Disappointing. Sure was nice to cut down that long commute to coach all week. She had track meets Saturday and Wednesday. And next week the high school has break, so she won't have to drive in then either. Sounds like she and Natalie have agreed upon a week for Bryn to come visit her in Texas: June 6 – 13. Now we start airline ticket shopping!

Kids Day at Hallmark was Saturday March 23rd. Hallmark is filled with Easter crafts for the kids to make, face painting, pictures with the Easter Bunny, treats, a clown and balloons. All employees are expected to work that day and Paige's shift was 10 - 2. Paige texted Kristin the time and date so the girls could visit, but Bella already had a Girl Scout activity. Bryn and I met Kristin, Lucy and Carlo at Hallmark and watched Lucy make her way through all the activities.

That night, Jeff and I met some friends from when I worked out in Waukesha at Rayson, Dave and Judy Birch. I quit that job when I had Paige, almost 18 years ago. I noticed on LinkedIn that my contract job at Core Creative is just blocks away from where Dave is now employed, so I emailed him to see if they wanted to get together. Dave replied, "How about next Saturday?" Their youngest is the same age as our oldest and we had a lot of catching up to do. Of course, the Marquette game ended up being that Saturday night, but we had a good seat at Mo's and watched while we talked.

I'm thankful for my contract work. My regular freelance client just revamped its accounts payable system and it's definitely not working in my favor. I get called in to Core Creative at least once a week through my temp agency and that paycheck arrives dependably every two weeks. Jeff working at MSOE is another godsend.

Knock on wood, my back's been great and I've been able to get back into a routine at the Y again.

Abby drove in from La Crosse last evening and within half an hour she had plans to meet her girlfriends (Kendal, Ali and Lori) out. Kendal, now engaged, asked all 3 of them to be in her wedding in June 2014. Exciting.


No comments: