Monday, February 20, 2012

I've been reassigned to temp with Readers Digest starting today where I'll be working part-time, about 25 hours/week. I let my temp agency know that I recently secured a steady freelance client and don't want to let that opportunity go, so I can only temp part-time for now. So I reported to Readers Digest today for my first day back, but somebody forgot to tell me that they close for President's Day! Oh well. I get paid for an hour of travel time. 

Paige took her official ACT Test Saturday the 11th, but didn't feel very good about it. I think that's how everyone feels. We requested to have her scores sent to UW-Whitewater, UW-Oshkosh, Carthage College and University of Northern Illinois, so far. Because she finally chose a few colleges, we've scheduled campus visits to Whitewater and Oshkosh in April. And we're looking into visiting Carthage in late March. I still think Stevens Point may be a consideration.

That afternoon, Paige and her SunDevils softball team went to Childrens Hospital to visit fellow teammate Jesse, a survivor of the Campbellsport crash. Jesse has 2 casted broken arms and 2 fractured vertebrae. Jesse was NOT wearing a seatbelt and was seated in the middle of the middle seat of the SUV. She was ejected out the front windshield as the SUV rolled back over front. The seatbelted girls on either side of her died from internal injuries. Just after this visit, she was fitted with a back brace which she was ecstatic to have because she was pretty much flat on her back up til then. Jesse has since been released from the hospital and is walking. 

After Paige was done with work Sunday (12th), we drove out to Waukesha to take Bryn to dinner and personally deliver her Valentine's Day card and candy. Bryn's physics class sounds crazy hard with the amount of study time she has to put into it.

Jeff had to fly out to Denver for work Monday and Tuesday (13-14th) for a Johnson Controls job. He was complaining about having a bad flight, which I took for turbulence, but it was really the man who reclined into his face on the way there and the little kids kicking his seat on the way back.

Paige came home from work Thursday (16th) night and broke into tears because she rear-ended someone at a yield sign in a right-turn lane. The driver she hit was very compassionate and didn't call the police, so Paige won't have to pay a ticket or lose points on her license. The car she hit was an SUV, suffering only a cracked rear bumper. Obviously, our little Prizm took the brunt of the accident. Today we had the claims adjuster here and he told us the Prizm is totaled.

Bryn took 2 seconds off her 800 time at her meet in Dubuque this past Saturday. Her coach is putting her in the indoor conference meet next Saturday at Illinois College. Jeff and I were thinking of going to support Bryn, but it's 5.5 hours away! Guess we'll wait for an outdoor meet. (I've posted her outdoor meet schedule at right.)

No comments: