Tuesday, December 6, 2011

As luck would have it, just when I began my part-time hours, I picked up a freelance job! A past client called me to produce their annual calendar again for 2012. I really couldn't have planned it any better. I've met her for coffee twice and enjoy the project management/directing part of being a designer that does lack in my temporary gigs.




We hosted the Sears family over Thanksgiving and had a lot of fun with them bargain shopping, dancing with the Wii and just hanging out. Kristin actually hosted Thanksgiving dinner with Meg's family, Craig's family and Mom and Dad. We however continued our tradition of heading up towards Appleton where Maggie treats us all to a family-style Thanksgiving out at Van Abel's. Paige and I got the house guest-ready on our days off beforehand. Abby was able to get some work hours in over that holiday weekend.

We got Bryn back to Carroll Sunday after church at Elmbrook and Abby left with her rider later in the afternoon.

I went out for Mexican with the girls' babysitters, Wendy and Robin this past Friday night. Always a lot to catch up on when we meet. Robin definitely outdid us all with 2 weddings and a baby! I'm glad we still get together as I so love their company. Their kids are just a bit older than mine so I listen very carefully and try to learn from their good examples.

And the next evening Jeff and I cheered on the Badgers with my former college roommate, Polly, and her husband that now reside in Brookfield.





No comments: