Friday, November 11, 2011

The annual Hunt in Waubeno was last weekend, so Jeff journeyed north with his college buddies for a weekend of male bonding. Living in a household full of women, Jeff definitely deserves his hunting weekend. Jeff retold the stories of his classmates and their families to Paige and I when he returned Sunday evening. A couple of the guys now bring their sons up to partake.

While Jeff was in Waubeno, Abby came in from La Crosse. Paige had been missing her sisters. Abby and Paige went out and picked up Bryn Saturday and they all went to see Footloose. I missed out because I was re-ordering the proper couch for our basement at the furniture store. I heard Footloose was really good though! We all reconnected at Kristin's for pizza afterward. Convenient because Kristin lives part-way between Carroll and our house.

The couch fiasco... Jeff had sent an email immediately after delivery that went unanswered. Probably because our salesperson works part-time. Mid-week I called and was able to talk to her. I brought up the discrepancy between what the fact sheet lists as the couch dimensions and what we are actually measuring. She went and measured the same piece on her salesfloor. She called us back later that same night saying that that discrepancy is the manufacturer's error and we'd be able to return and reorder our custom pieces without any penalty ($)! Thank goodness. So the reordered pieces should arrive early January. Long wait.

Received notice Wednesday that my contract here at Reader's Digest has been extended through December 22nd. What? I guess I wasn't anticipating that at all. So this weekend I'm taking time to evaluate what availability I can offer them, if any. In the past couple weeks, I've received various freelance offers and even another temporary gig, but what will pan out and what won't?

And here's Bryn and Paige showing off their newly pierced earlobes!





No comments: