Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Last Wednesday night was a flurry of housecleaning getting ready for the weekend houseguests. I was pooped after cleaning all 3 bathrooms! But along with that just-cleaned carpeting, the house looks fabulous!

My parents arrived shortly after I got home from work Thursday evening. Mom brought homemade cream of chicken noodle soup that we served for dinner. Yum! Friday morning I skipped my Step class at the Y and bummed around with Mom & Dad for the day. They came with me to the DMV to get my driver's license renewed. So glad to replace my old license where my picture had my eyes closed! My new picture is actually decent! After that we took a look around the new Woodman's where I picked up some good buys that included a couple bottles of wine.

Then it was off to Carroll for their Family Weekend. Bryn let us know she would not be available until 3:30pm — after classes, lunch and aquajogging. We picked up Kristin, Bella and Lucy to come along too. When we arrived at Kristin's I noticed a very flat back tire and Dad came to the rescue hooking up Carlo's new air compressor to fill 'er up. We all hiked up to the 4th floor to see Bryn's dorm room, walked the campus just a bit (chilly!), walking through buildings where we could. Then we packed ourselves back into the van bringing Bryn along for the not-to-be-missed monthly St. Anthony's fish fry. Timing was of the essence again as we had to have Paige to driver's ed class by 6pm, so we were in line by 5:00. Worked out pretty well.

Paige's Confirmation Retreat was rescheduled to earlier in the day Saturday. And when I say earlier, I mean they had to be there at 7:00am!! (Reason being that half of the kids at our church attend Germantown and their football team had a Div1 playoff game that afternoon.) Saturday was Jeff's side of the family's turn for Family Weekend and Carroll. They stopped by to pick Jeff up at 10:30am. Much nicer day for touring the campus. They lunched at the Chancery which I heard was quite tasty. Meanwhile my Mom, Dad and I looked at ranges. There was a too-good-to-be-true sale at the appliance/furniture store up north, so Mom & Dad thought we'd get an idea of what I like, then they could purchase up there. While the salesman flaunted the features of the new ranges, I kept thinking it'll just be nice to have a functional clock/timer and all 4 working burners! Went back to pick up Paige, Jeff returned from Carroll later that afternoon in time for another night out. We dined with another couple who took charge of where to go. They had an expiring coupon to use at a cute little place downtown Milwaukee. However, with no reservations, the wait was too long so they awarded their coupon to some others waiting to sit. We found another restaurant had really took notice of the No Smoking atmosphere.

Sunday was even warmer and sunnier than Saturday. Jeff had Paige out in the yard practicing her pitching. After a productive morning updating the Art Guild site and blog, I took a nice, long walk, then cut down the dead perennials in the yard. My parents called from the appliance/furniture store up north and the sale was just that: too-good-to-be-true. Jeff finally got to use his 2 rounds of golf he had bid on at a Silent Auction almost a year ago. Who'd of thought? Golf in November?

Iced chai tea. Awesome. You should try it. That's what I treated myself to at the coffee shop Monday night where I met a fellow Art Guild member to discuss possible fundraising ideas. She has lots of local connections. I have lots of big ideas. We present to the board this Thursday.

Jeff came home from work yesterday morning to meet the insurance claims guy about our roof. Not too thorough, but maybe because the wind damage to the roof was so obvious to him. He said we'll have something notifying us of the amount in the mail soon!

Bryn was able to borrow a friend's car this morning to pick up her new shoe inserts from the podiatrist. She'll have a couple weeks to break them in before we go to get her new running shoes for track around Thanksgiving. Apparently the track team is hosting Open Gym times already! Bryn wants to be in on all that.

No comments: