Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jeff flew out to Virginia the early part of last week to attend meetings on the big Martha Jefferson hospital he's been working on. He was happy he didn't have to drive (from the airport to Charlottesville is 2.5 hours yet) as he had just driven back and forth to La Crosse the day before to work on Abby's house and bring her home. Jeff said the flight was bumpy, but otherwise all was good.

He was welcomed home Wednesday night to Bryn's Bon Fire she had planned with friends that went on til 1am. The party was good. Bryn and Natalie bought goodies to make a variety of s'mores over the fire pit. And the very next morning, Jeff had to take off early to go a meeting up in Appleton.

Paige has been keeping busy going to waterparks, practicing softball for upcoming select team tryouts and a night of laser tag!

Jeff and I went with our friends, the Seeds, to State Fair last Friday night. We got caught in the rain a couple times, but we were prepared and could quickly duck into a beer tent, exhibit hall or animal barn. Jeff sampled a duck fajita and a bison burrito. I was quite content with my cream puff.

Bryn drove with Natalie over to Shell Lake to spend the weekend at Natalie's grandparents. Natalie leaves for college out in Colorado this weekend, so I'm glad they got to spend a lot of time together before they both left for school. Bryn said they had a great time swimming and boating and just hanging out.

Abby took part in Community Memorial Hospital's Wheeling for Healing last Saturday with her boyfriend, Mark, and his family. Jeff and I saw the morning news reporting from the event that day. We didn't realize it, but Abby and Mark rode the 33-mile race! Way to go Abby! She spent the afternoon at Mark's (recuperating!) swimming. She watched a movie with us that night and was in bed by 10pm! By that, you know she was tired!

Jeff and I went to see Abby "sent off" back to college from Elmbrook Church (where Abby attends when she's home) last Sunday. Kristin and Carlo belong to this church, so we coordinated a meeting spot before service started so we could sit together. We happily accepted to go to lunch with them— Bella and Lucy!—at Oscar's afterwards. So on the way home, I remembered that my college roommate, Polly, and her husband's home was on the way back to our house, so maybe we'd stop by and say hi. I'm the only one who had visited them earlier this summer. So we drive in on their long road, get to the edge of their cul de sac and are met with 3 police cars with the officers standing outside them. I got out to ask if we could drive in. "Who are you going to visit?" I told them and they suggested I call Polly and John to ask them to stay inside for a while because there's a "weapons situation." Of course I called, but then I thought "Why didn't the police call?" I didn't catch up with Polly afterward — figured there'd be enough neighborhood drama for her to deal with.

Tuesday I got to see a packaging design I did go on press at Outlook Graphics in Neenah. I really wanted to go to this particular print run because the client asked me and I worked there one summer during college. The place is a lot bigger than I remember. Our sales rep is going to drop off the assembled packages which I am excited to see. The product is called the Go Plate, and so far I've designed packaging for their generic colored plates, and their Iowa State branded edition.

No comments: