Sunday, May 10, 2009


Paige came in 1st in the hurdles and ran with the 4x200 relay in her track meet versus Port Washington Monday. I then accompanied Bryn to the Badger Girls meeting at the American Legion Post on Monday night. She had to leave early for a trombone lesson, so I stayed to keep up on all the details. Bryn's looking forward to Badger Girls! I was surveying the delegates for which would be a good pick to drive Bryn up to get there since we'll be on our Canada vacation. :( Bryn will get to ride in a convertible in our Memorial Day Parade!

I was finally treated to my birthday lunch at work on Tuesday. Little late - 6 months! But we went to a chic little Greek place on Milwaukee St and the food was terrific! That night I baked cookies to donate for Teacher Appreciation Week. Little did I know how handy those tubs of fundraiser cookie dough would be!

Bryn ran the 300M hurdles and 4x400 relay at Brookfield East's Conference Relays on Wednesday. I stopped at Kohls on my way there from work to get her a pair of much-needed (really?) basketball shorts. The weather looked iffy coming in and sure enough it began pouring in the middle of the boys 4x1600 relay and the meet stopped for a rain delay. We all packed into the high school gym. Just imagine the smell of 400 damp track athletes in one room. We resumed about 45 minutes later, but in the meantime I went to use my iPhone and got absolutely no response. I've never had anything like that happen and immediately realized it must've gotten wet through my clothing. I used a fellow parent's phone to let Jeff know.

Abby Skyped us Thursday night and as we were all talking, her cake was delivered! (My subtle hint to study hard for finals.) Surprise! I ordered her a birthday cake in April, but it wasn't delivered on her birthday, so I was entitled to another cake. Abby was going over pick-up details as she was bringing her good friend, Amy, to see Meno Falls this last possible weekend.

Friday I had an appointment at the Apple Store's Genius Bar to examine my iPhone. Confirmed severe water damage with a what looked like a doctor's tool that they look into your ear and mouth. No warranty coverage. No excuses. I'm not making any quick decisions and weighing my options. Friday night our new washer was delivered! It's huge! The deliverymen were none too excited when I showed them the route through the house to get the washer to the basement. There was a little moaning, but installation was quick!

Jeff made himself available to leave to meet Abby in Oconomowoc whenever she called Saturday morning. Jeff, Abby and Amy made it to Bryn's track meet in Mequon to see her run in the relay. Good motivation for Bryn. Bryn had run the open 400M just before they arrived. She was disappointed with her 400 time, but her 4x400 came in 3rd and she looked really strong there! The weather was really crappy again.

And today is Mother's Day. I just had a beautiful breakfast prepared by my 3 daughters (and Amy): quiche, pancakes, strawberries. Then they opened the patio door drapes to reveal hanging flowers and a birdbath. Life is good. We're taking Abby and Amy downtown to the train station later this afternoon for their first trainride back to UWL.

No comments: