Sunday, April 19, 2009

I called the dentist repeatedly on Monday hoping to schedule my appointment to fix my broken tooth. Apparently the office had the day off so I had to wait til Tuesday. They got me in first thing Wednesday morning and after determining that the root was not dead, continued to take a mold and sand down my tooth to prepare for my crown. Of course, as I walk out I see Ali's sisters in the waiting room and my entire left jaw is numb! So I can only give then a nod and a dorky half-smile. When I got to my car I decided to call in to work to explain that I was absolutely NOT going to be doing any talking at the 10:00 meeting that morning and embarrass myself further.

Paige and Bryn were off school all week for Spring Break.

Paige got a sleepover in (at someone else's house) Tuesday night and then a dad took them over to the Little League complex for some playing time. Nice.

Bryn's first outdoor track meet was held at Menomonee Falls on Wednesday. Because it was during Spring Break, it was termed a "developmental" meet where coaches are able to try girls out in events with no pressure to score. Bryn ran the 300 hurdles for the first time and came in 2nd. She also ran in the 4x800 relay which I arrived too late to see. But I did get to see her 4x400 team win! It was just warming up on Wednesday so it was perfect weather for a meet.

Bryn had to drive Paige to her 8:15am orthodontist appointment Thursday. (I already missed enough work this week.) Paige got invited to go bowling in the afternoon where I then picked her up and took her straight to Tae Kwon Do. Jeff and I spent the entire evening online and in AAA books making reservations for our way out to Banff this summer. These hotels are not even open yet and don't take reservations online so I did that Friday.

With Friday being the end of Spring Break, I hoped to entice my lounging daughters to help get the house back in order. Paige was anxious to jump on the trampoline so I recruited her to rake/thatch the lawn in that area. I took a turn when she was done. That is hard work! Paige and Bryn both went to see the movie "17 Again" with Zac Efron on opening night last Friday. They went at different times with different friends. They couldn't wait to see it and said it was good.


Saturday morning was beautiful!!!! Paige had softball practice and said she thinks she'll be playing 1st base alot and pitching! She's really excited about her team this year. I accompanied Bryn on a Marquette Open House tour. They offer a 6-year Physical Therapy program which saves her a year or two. The campus is beautiful of course. Bryn liked it. I commend Bryn on picking such a dedicated and competitive major. Marquette said about 1000 freshman apply to this program and 62 get in!!! We made grilling plans with Seeds Saturday night and let Bryn and Paige go out by themselves. It was nice to relate to parents going through the same stuff.

No comments: