Sunday, January 4, 2009





I'm tired.

Worked three days last week: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Didn't leave me much time to get much else accomplished. That getting sick last weekend really screwed me up. So Tuesday night I stayed up late to do laundry and cook my assigned meal for my family trip to the Dells.

Wednesday night Bryn was having friends over for a New Years Eve party but it got rerouted to another house. Paige got invited to An Amazing New Years Eve party & sleepover. So I guess we could've gone out, but just as well. We had another couple over for Chinese take-out and wine. We talked a lot and played Paige's new Wii. We tried every game on there. I really sucked at batting in baseball. The great thing was that we had absolutely no problem staying up til midnight!

Thursday morning we all got up and out of the house by 10am for the Dells! My sister Kristin actually arranged the whole thing. We just had to say yes! Meg stayed at Craig's in Chicago New Year's Eve to give them a break in their 7-hour trek north. We all met in the Dells around 2pm: Kristin's and my family from Milwaukee, Mom & Dad from Shawano, Craig from Chicago, and Meg's family from Indy. And don't forget - even Abby was dropped off on the way back from her CRU convention. Our room wasn't quite ready - as we anticipated. Bella and Lucy were ready to jump in, so Bryn and I went with Kristin, Carlo and their girls into the waterpark while everyone else waited for, then moved into our room. We were able to rent a full condo, 3 stories complete with 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and a complete rec room in the basement! So nice for all 19 of us! After moving in, everyone else met us in the waterpark and we ate dinner late Thursday night. Friday we shuffled off to the waterpark when it opened again at 10am, ate lunch there, came back to the room for dinner, then closed the waterpark at 10pm. We even made good use of the rec room that night! Saturday we all had to pack back up to be out of the room by 11am. I think we were all glad we still had one day left in our weekend because Saturday was meant for recovery.

No comments: