Tuesday, May 6, 2008

As I left off last time, here's a pic from Bryn's last UWAY concert for the year. It was a stupendous concert and the group does a nice presentation to all the graduating high school seniors.

Paige's first official track meet was last Monday (Apr28th) and it was COLD!!! The kids were bundled up whether they were running or not. Paige ran the 100M hurdles, which is the first event, and the 4x400 relay, which is the last event. Poor kid! Had to sit outside in the middle of a windy field for 2 hours between events. Jeff and I couldn't even bear it! We went home in between. But Paige came in 1st in the hurdles which looked pretty effortless for her.

Bryn got to run in some fun relays at her Conference Relay meet on Wednesday (Apr30th). First she ran the Hurdle Shuttle, which is 3 girls running 100M each going back and forth - they placed 2nd! Then she ran the 3x300 hurdle relay and placed 2nd again. And finally she ran in the 4x800. The weather was a bit more cooperative - still windy, but a little warmer. Tougher on the spectators than the participants.

Paige ran the same events at her next meet on Thursday (May1st).

Then Jeff and I had to tag team the weekend.

Since I'm Logan's godmother, I got to go to Indy for Logan's First Communion in Indy. And because I was going solo, Kristin and Carlo invited me to ride along with them. In exchange for the ride, the rest of my family cared for their dogs, Pasta and Shadow. Kristin picked me up around 9am, and got Pasta and Shadow settled in at my house. We met Carlo, Bella and Lucy and off we went! We had fun taking a pit stop at an Oasis with a playland. I was just bummed I couldn't fit up the stairs to help Bella climb. We arrived at Meg's by 5pm and hung out with all the kids playing in the backyard for a while. Later, Kristin, Meg and I tried our hand at the Wii doing the long jump, swimming and table tennis. That is really fun! Saturday was the big event and little did we know how big. There were 142 First Communicants!! Mom, Dad, Bryce and I were sent to church early to reserve a pew. Good thing. I was also assigned camera duty with Meg's professional-style camera so I had research to do before mass. Bryce and I scoured the church for pictures. Everyone else arrived closer to mass time. Mia and Cooper suffered major separation anxiety (just ask Earlene and Mom!) as Meg and William had to sit up from with Logan. At the end of the 2-hour mass, only me, Dad and Earlene were left in the pew. Back at Meg's we had food aplenty and took a lot more pictures. Left Sunday at 11am, allowing Lucy and Bella to play with Cooper's new sand/water table before sitting in the car.


Same weekend. Back at home. Friday night Bryn went to Natalie's birthday party, Abby worked, and Paige went over to a friend's. Jeff had time alone! (Don't worry, he'll make up for it Saturday.) Saturday, Jeff got up early with Paige and took her over to the Little League Complex for Opening Day at 8am. Then Jeff dragged Paige over to Bryn's track meet where they arrived just in time for Bryn's 4x800. They left to take a break, and just missed Bryn coming in 1st in 400m. Bryn's coaches keep fighting about putting her in the mile (which Bryn hates), but luckily the head coach overrides it and changes it to Bryn's favorite, the 400M. Jeff ran grocery shopping as Abby announced that we were hosting Prom pictures at 4pm. Abby was running around all day getting her nails and hair done only to have the florist leave a message that her buttoneer for Alex wasn't picked up yet. It was 2:40 when Jeff got the message and they close at 3! It all worked out and Jeff was a perfect host. Prom is nice because it's a package with dinner, dance and afterparty all planned and paid for. And to top the day off, Paige had a friend sleepover.

I got home Sunday about 4pm and it was beautiful outside. I volunteered to pick Paige up from softball practice and was grateful they were running late so I could do a little walking after my long car ride. Jeff happily escaped for a while by mowing the lawn.

Bryn had another track meet in Watertown yesterday, Monday (May 5th) and didn't get home til 10p. And today I got to help out timing the races at Paige's track meet. No complaints today - it was beautiful!

No comments: